Monday, April 12, 2010

Hello There!



I needed some mint from our front garden. When I walked out the door, what was on the walkway? A very long King Snake! I yelled for the others to come. He didn't have good traction on the bricks, so we had a good look at him. When he hit the dirt area, he could really move. Bill and Dan were trying to take pictures, but I think he was camera shy.....

There is an abundance of wildlife on our property. We are starting to keep a list of what we see, birds, mammals, and reptiles. Oh and can't forget about the arachnides! I have been amazed at the birds. I didn't realise so many enjoyed living in the Sonoran Desert. Maybe that is where the term snowbird was first used? There do seem to be more in the winter.

No comments:

Blackness Castle and Linlithgow Palace

Two castle built during the same period, but for completely different uses.  Blackness Castle was a military fort on the Forth of Firth, whi...